The Ministry of Education had given its approval for the implementation of a capital charge per student each academic year since September 2005 which assist us in upgrading our existing whole school facilities. Capital charge for the year 2013-14 onwards will be Qr5000.
Details of recent capital projects at Doha College will be made available on request.
Parents are encouraged to make an appointment to visit and view Doha College facilities before submitting an application. The capital charge will be payable in full with the first terms fees. Capital charges are payable per student each academic year.
Students offered a place at Doha College from 01 September 2007 will be charged a refundable deposit of QR 10,000. This amount will be refunded upon the student leaving, providing that all of the conditions below are fulfilled:
- Fees due to Doha College have been fully paid. If any tuition fees are outstanding, they will be deducted from the refundable deposit
- Other charges (exam fees etc) due to Doha College have been fully paid. If any other charges due to Doha College are outstanding, they will be deducted from the refundable deposit
- At least 5 weeks written notice will be required. This should be submitted prior to the end of the last academic term attended by the student (excluding holidays). If no such notice is given, half a term’s fees will be deducted from the refundable deposit.
The refundable deposit is applicable per student; there are no discounts for siblings or children from the same family. This policy applies to every student offered a place at Doha College.
Students will be invoiced for:
- Registration Fee
- Refundable deposit
- Capital charge (payable per student each academic year)
- Tuition fees
Students who joined Doha College prior to September 2007 are exempted from the refundable deposit.
- All tuition fees and capital charges (together the “Fees”) shall be settled as per the fee schedule published by the College, shall be billed in advance and must be paid prior to the end of each academic term in respect of the following term. Fees not paid in full by the due date specified in the relevant bill will be subject to an administration fee of QR 50 per child, for each day or part day thereof, until fully paid.
- Parents unable to pay the fees by the due date must contact the College Accounts Office before the last day of the previous term and explain the reason for the failure. Failure to pay any amount owing to the College by the relevant due date will entitle the College to remove the student from the College Roll and debar the student from further attendance. In extreme cases however, the College may, in its sole discretion, accept a delayed fee payment.
- Fees may be paid by cheque or bank transfer or credit / debit card as follows:
- Cheques should be made payable to 'Doha College' and brought to the College Accounts Office
- Bank Transfer - can be made to the bank details as detailed in the bill.
- Card - can make payment through debit / credit card. Convenience charge will be applicable and this will be indicated on the bill.
- Cash will not be accepted with effect from 01st May 2013
- A one-off, non-refundable Registration Fee of QR 3,650 is payable in respect of each each student attending Doha College. This is payable once a place has been offered.
- For new students an Advance Tuition Fee of QR 5,000 may be required to be paid to the Accounts Office, to confirm acceptance of a position at Doha College . This Advance Tuition Fee will be offset against the first term's tuition fees of that child. If the offer is declined, the advance fees will be forfeited.
- The College will only refund the fees if sufficient notice of withdrawal is given. Qr 500 will be charged as administration charges. The Fees will not be reduced or cancelled in any circumstances, including where a student starts at the College after commencement of the term, or where the student takes leave or permanently departs the College during term time, or where the student misses one or more terms before re-commencing at the College (in which case full Fees must be paid in respect of such term(s) in order to maintain the student's position at the College).
- All new students accepting a place at Doha College will be required to pay a Refundable Deposit of QR 10,000. It will be refunded on the student's final departure from the College, providing that all other fees and charges due to Doha College have been paid.
- Written notice of withdrawal of a student must be given at least 5 weeks before the end of the last academic term attended by the student (excluding holidays). If no such notice is given, half a term's fees will be payable in lieu of notice before any leaving documents can be issued. In case of new students, 5 weeks notice should be given prior to date of joining (excluding holidays).
- Fees additional to those described above are payable in respect of certain matters. These include but are not limited to (I)GCSE and 'A' Level examination entry fees, costs for trips and visits, optional instrumental tuition, extra learning support and optional out-of-hours lessons for certain students. Such additional fees will be notified separately on a case by case basis.
In the event of your child being awarded a place at Doha College, parents/guardians undertake and agree the following:
- The Child shall be subject to the Behaviour and Sanctions Policy and Code of Conduct of Doha College, and such discipline as is laid down by the Board of Governors or its designated representatives from time to time. The Child's continued attendance at Doha College is dependent upon observance of such Behaviour and Sanctions Policy and Code of Conduct and adherence by the Child and his/her parents and/or guardians to such Behaviour and Sanctions Policy and Code of Conduct. These documents are freely available on request.
- If, in the opinion of the Principal, it is desirable in the interests of the College, that the Child should not continue any longer as a student, the Principal may notify the parents or either of them or a guardian to that effect, and remove the Child's name from the School Roll and debar him/her from further attendance. For the avoidance of doubt and without limitation, a pupil may be debarred in this way for failing to meet minimum academic requirements at the end of each Key Stage, if he/she or their parents or guardian fail to observe or adhere to Doha College's Behaviour and Sanctions Policy and Code of Conduct or if he/she or their parents or guardian undertake conduct that in any way places another pupil or a staff member at risk.
- None of Doha College, its Governors, officers or employees, shall in any way be liable for or in connection with the Child, except in circumstances where Doha College, its Governors, officers or employees have been grossly negligent or committed willful misconduct, and the same result in some form of loss, damage or harm to the Child. Subject to the foregoing (and without limiting the foregoing), Doha College shall not be liable in any way for:
- the loss or damage of personal or valuable items;
- the accident or mishap occasioned by participating in activities which are in the usual course of schooling, including but not confined to, organised sports, school trips, practical work in Art, Design Technology and Science and activities during breaks including movement of students between lessons;
- the welfare and safety of the students outside the normal timetable day. This includes in respect of the delivery and collection of students to and/or from the College.
- That the College is a non-profit making institution administered by a Board of Governors whose members give their services voluntarily and without payment or remuneration of any kind. Notwithstanding anything else hereunder, I/we accordingly release and absolve the members of the Board from any and all liability of all kinds in respect to the affairs of the College and in respect of the Student.